Date:      Sat, 11 Jul 2009 21:25:53 +0100
From:      xorquewasp@googlemail.com
To:        Steve Bertrand <steve@ibctech.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS scrub is finished?

On 2009-07-11 15:08:04, Steve Bertrand wrote:
> xorquewasp@googlemail.com wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I'd like to write a little shell script to run 'zpool scrub' on
> > my disks weekly. I have two zpools. The manual page says that only
> > one 'scrub' can be active at a time.
> >
> > Is there any reliable way to run 'zpool scrub X' and then run
> > 'zpool scrub Y' when the first has finished?
>
> Perhaps it is as simple as cron-ing something like the following (of
> course, replace "zpool scrub" with my cat commands.

[snipped]

Hello.

Problem is that 'zpool scrub' immediately returns with a success
error code if command line option parsing went OK and the specified
pools actually exist. You have to manually check the output of 'zpool status'
to see if the scrub executed with no errors (and that may be hours
later).

xw