Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 2010 15:32:40 -0400
From:      Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        Andrew Brampton <brampton+freebsd@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compiling software with different compiler than cc or clang results in unusable output

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 10:05 AM, O. Hartmann <
ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hello.
> Well, the only other architectures I have access to are Linux boxes.
>
> clang ist a very nice compiler since its syntax checking is formidable. But
> its code is slow and there seems no OpenMP support at the moment.
>
> Oliver

The following pages may be useful :

www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solarisstudio/downloads/index-jsp-141149.html

www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solarisstudio/downloads/index-jsp-136197.html

www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solarisstudio/documentation/express-june2010-137081.html
( Please notice Support for OpenMP 3.0 features in the C, C++, and Fortran
compilers:  )

This means that you may use Oracle Solaris Studio on Linux  with OpenMP 3.0
support
immediately .

I do not know whether they can be used in FreeBSD as Linux programs or not ,
because I did not study such a  possibility . For me , using Linux directly
is easy .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk