Date:      Mon, 2 May 2011 12:14:37 +0100
From:      Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
To:        Matthias Andree <mandree@freebsd.org>
Cc:        itetcu@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: expiration of net/skype ?!

On 2 May 2011 10:03, Matthias Andree <mandree@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Am 02.05.2011 10:49, schrieb Chris Rees:
>
>>> or otherwise issue a hint
>>> that the port is kept for the benefit of those who happen to have a
>>> distfile.
>>
>> Which is what, thirty people?
>
> I don't care. Let's not deliberately break the port for those who can
> still use it.
>
> Please remove the EXPIRATION_DATE; I'm also willing to "maintain" the
> port if needed.

Although the port is already broken (no-one is deliberately breaking it), there
is a possible (temporary) solution for those who want to use their own distfile.

ITetcu, miwi, please would you have a look at [1]? It's partly lifted
from the diablo
ports; just makes it more convenient if one has the distfile already,
as well as using
IGNORE rather than BROKEN; we know it won't ever build.

Chris

[1] http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/skype-distfile.diff