Date:      Sat, 30 Nov 2013 10:52:59 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz_lst@tdx.co.uk>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Roger_Pau_Monn=C3=A9?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>, freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xen Guests / NTP best practice?

--On 29 November 2013 18:43:32 +0100 Roger Pau Monn=C3=A9=20
<roger.pau@citrix.com> wrote:

> There have been some improvements in 10 regarding timekeeping, now
> FreeBSD makes use of the PV timer and PV clock when running under HVM,
> which should be more stable.
>
> Could you try if your issues with ntp are reproducible on 10?

Sure, I'll give 10 a go. Does the above mean for a VM you don't need to run =

ntp? (i.e. it'll stay in sync with dom0 / the XenServer?) - or is ntp still =

necessary?

Likewise do you know if there is any recommended solution for 9.x (which is =

the bulk of our VM's).

Thanks,

-Karl