Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2014 14:06:44 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>
To:        David Xu <davidxu@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, Andre Albsmeier <mail@ma17.ata.myota.org>
Subject:   Re: pthread programming eats up resources (My or FreeBSD's fault?)

Hi,

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 13:41:08 +0800
David Xu <davidxu@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 2014/02/19 02:06, Andre Albsmeier wrote:
>
> please compile it as static binary and run it, check if the
> problem still exists, I am hunting the bug, it is not necessary in
> the libthr because I have not changed its code for a long time.

I just compiled is a static program. The behaviour is now different.
The size still grows but much slower while 'res' stays below some 10MB.

Size also got stagnant after some 2 min CPU time hanging around 126MB.

I am running it on:

FreeBSD X220.alogt.com 10.0-STABLE FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE #15 r261342: Sat
Feb  1 14:52:39 WITA 2014
erich@X220.alogt.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/X220  amd64

Erich