Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 2014 16:40:44 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jean-S=E9bastien_P=E9dron?= <jean-sebastien.pedron@dumbbell.fr>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RADEON 7560D works

--T3xr3G3gtJdm7XVP0gCGk2sdKHcknWb6M

On 24.04.2014 20:17, Toms Bergmanis wrote:
> Sorry, bit of a late response from my side... Anyway, if i compile the
> needed stuff from ports with the necessary flags, then i don't receive
> any errors. But, for example, when playing video file with mpv "opengl"=

> and "opengl-hq" presets don't work, only "opengl-old" one works.

I must try multimedia/mpv to see if problems happen with older Radeon
GPU too.

Could you please expand on " "opengl" and "opengl-hq" presets don't
work"? Do you mean that the video is incorrectly displayed? Does the
player crash? Does the computer freeze? Just to know if/when I hit a
similar issue.

> I definitely see myself using FreeBSD as my main system in the future
> when the video drivers are a bit more matured

That's good to know :)

> Could you tell me what kind of feature in the graphics stack is
> missing for Radeon 7xxx card users to get acceleration working?

We need:
    o  an update of the kernel-side Radeon driver; the current driver
       comes from Linux 3.8.
    o  (probably) an update to Mesa ports (especially graphics/libGL
       and graphics/dri); right now, this is not possible due to our
       i915 kernel driver (Mesa 9.2+ requires features we don't have).

> Anyway, good luck guys with the huge work that you're putting into
> getting better support for desktop users.

Thank you!

--=20
Jean-S=E9bastien P=E9dron