Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 14:44:37 -0700
From:      Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        Fuyuhiko Maruyama <fuyuhik8@is.titech.ac.jp>
Cc:        Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>, Mikhail Kruk <meshko@cs.brandeis.edu>, java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jdk1.3.1 socket problem

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 11:31:27PM +0900, Fuyuhiko Maruyama wrote:
> Hi, I made a patch will solve the problem that connect() on
> green_threads *almost always* fails.
>
> The problem is in caused by the logic at
> `src/solaris/hpi/green_threads/src/iomgr.c'.  We use non-blocking mode
> socket and connect() wrapper in iomgr.c have a code to wait until
> connection is established.  At the end of waiting path, the codes
> check whether the connection is really established using *the second*
> syscall of connect, it will always fail because it is really the
> second attempt of connect so EISCONN(errno == 56) may mean the fact
> that conection is established.

I'll check if this fixes the remote display problem after I rebuild X on
my machine.

I've been kind of dozing off on this the last couple of days and I wasn't
even looking at the right subtree (native threads) when pounding on this
stuff earlier this week. I guess I haven't made the mental transition from
my BSD/OS project to FreeBSD yet and expected that native threading should
work. ;-)

That's pretty silly of me given that it was a pretty obvious bug to fix.

If this is the last major bug outside of the threading system, then I'll
work on native threading next. ;-)

Thanks Fuyuhiko ;)

bill