Date:      Mon, 02 Jun 2014 21:56:03 +0200
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: rc.subr cant seem to handle spaces in binary names

Mark Felder wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Finally looking for feedback on this. I have a port
> (multimedia/plexmediaserver) whose binary name is "Plex Media Server" --
> with spaces. Our rc framework doesn't like this, and every attempt to
> get it to play nice has resulted in failure. I do not like spaces in the
> binary name, but this is something that Plex has had for years and I
> don't expect them to change. Is this a bug in rc.subr, a known WONTFIX,
> or am I overlooking something? I'd love to simplify the rc script if
> possible.

I think it is related to similar problem as with hypen it the
name="background-fsck" (in rc.d/bgfsck). It did wrong things in eval
part of rc.subr

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-rc/2010-January/001814.html

So I think you can install "Plex Media Server" binary renamed to
"Plex_Media_Server", or somebody should fix rc.subr.

Miroslav Lachman