Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2017 13:44:53 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        "A. Wilcox" <AWilcox@wilcox-tech.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: The future of fortune(6)

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 1:28 PM, A. Wilcox <AWilcox@wilcox-tech.com> wrote:

> On 22/11/17 14:06, Warner Losh wrote:
> > We're a technical project, primarily, not one that has a
> > political agenda.
>

> perhaps that is why so many people are confused by its removal

There's no confusion: The file expresses many political views and doesn't
express other views. Curating that mess is impossible. The only way to say
we don't care is to kick it to the curb.

If there is no political agenda, then moving the entire thing to a port
> would have been the right thing to do =E2=80=93 including the datfiles.

No. That would also give the project's endorsement to it. Gone is 'no
opinion at all' we have.

> Oh well, political correctness already took three other projects to
> rubbish.

And there we have it. No further logical discussion is possible. Invoking
both a logical fallacy and a straw man attack based on it. Twisting "no
view at all on this stuff" into political correctness simply doesn't follow
unless you view your world through some twisted political lense. Thank you
for proving my point that trying to rationally discuss this matter is quite
simply impossible.

Warner