Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2006 21:28:16 +0000
From:      eoghan <freebsd@redry.net>
To:        Derek Ragona <derek@computinginnovations.com>
Cc:        Ken Stevenson <ken@allenmyland.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hosts file

Derek Ragona wrote:
 > Try manually adding the address, or uncomment that line and reboot.
 >
 >         -Derek

Thanks, tried it and still no luck. Cant ping either localhost or
127.0.0.1. Perhaps i should post some details from my boot record, cos I
do notice after the dhcp, there are network unreachable messages, but i
cannot find where this boot log is stored...
On a side not, these problems started when i began to use gnome
(2.12.13). Maybe unrelated but i never had these problems using kde, and
the boot message of network unreachable seem to have happened at this
time too.