Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2014 01:48:12 -0700
From:      Darren Pilgrim <list_freebsd@bluerosetech.com>
To:        Chris H <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>,  freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 6rd and DNS (bind/nsd) on FreeBSD

On 6/18/2014 10:12 PM, Chris H wrote:
>> FreeBSD doesn't support 6rd.  Ironically, pfSense does.
 >
> Are you sure?
> There are even a couple of 6rd ports:
> net/stf-6rd-kmod
> and
> net/u6rd
> or am I to understand that _without_ those ports, FreeBSD doesn't
> support 6rd.

Yes, if you bring in third-party code you can do 6rd on FreeBSD.  I
meant that FreeBSD does not have 6rd support in the base like it does
for 6to4 and 6in4.  There have been patches available for years that add
6rd feature suppport to if_stf, but for some reason they've never made
it into FreeBSD despite making into downstream projects.