Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:34:30 +0100
From:      Mattias Pantzare <pantzer@ludd.luth.se>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NIS with HPUX 10.20

> > No.  installworld more or less assumes single user.
>
> This is really what I'm getting at. :-)
>
> If installworld assumes single-user mode, why do we install -C
> ld-elf.so.1 ? The first time I asked this question, I didn't mention
> single-user mode and your answer was that it's to protect "live
> systems". What's so live about a single-user system that we can't assume
> nothing else needs ld-elf.so.1 while we're smacking it?

Why _not_ use -C? What is the point in replacing a file with the same file?
install -C will replace the file if the new file is diffrent.

That is realy good if you do backups as only the new files will be in the
backup.

And it is good if installworld works on a active system even if it is not
supported.