Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 1997 07:45:00 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        Kenny Hanson <khanson@pdspc.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Hackers \(E-mail\)" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: PIIX3 controller does not support CD-ROMs under FreeBSD

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Kenny Hanson wrote:

> I have an Intel Anchorage (AN430TX) mainboard with a Sony CDU611
> IDE CDRom on the secondary ide controller (wdc1).  It finds my sony
> just fine on wdc1 at 0x170-0x177 irq 15 on isa.  It detects all the
> goodies
> that come with that cdrom as well... check to make sure you haven't
> commented out wdc1 and scd0 (if you have a Sony) from the kernel config
> file.

Do you have a second hard drive on your primary channel?

What FreeBSD version are you using?

I do not see why scd0 would have any influence. Is that not for the old
"Sony" interface, like the one on _old_ creative labs sound cards or the
standalone ISA card? I think the scd0 is for the 34-pin SCSI-derived
interface of 1994. I think you could safely disble that option.

Thanks,
Kevin