Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:35:08 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/contrib/groff/tmac doc-common doc-syms

On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 08:06:30AM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:44:28 PST, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
>
> >   Teach Fx and Os about FreeBSD 4.1 and FreeBSD 5.0.
>
> By the way, is there a Bx / Fx / Os that's preferred for marking up BSDI
> and BSD/OS?

Fx is a FreeBSD macro, analogous to the BSD's Bx, so there is no way for
marking BSD/OS up with it.

Os should be used only in title.  According to my BSDI BSD/OS 2.0 Sources CD,
the default value for Os macro in BSD/OS is "BSDI BSD/OS":

.de Os
.ds oS Null
.if "\\$1"" \{\
.       ds oS BSDI BSD/OS
.\}
[...]

The usage statistics of the Os macro is as follows:

 422 .Os
 196 .Os BSD 4
 160 .Os BSD 4.2
  57 .Os BSD 4.3