Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 1995 09:59:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Steven G. Kargl" <kargl@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        fcawth@squid.umd.edu (Fred Cawthorne)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netatalk support anyone???

According to Fred Cawthorne:

> This would be a good thing to have working.  It appears that support
> from the netatalk people has been in the works for some time now.
> I don't know exactly how much progress has been done on their end.
> Has anybody played with this thing at all???
> It is certainly a much more elegant solution for appletalk support than
> cap.  I don't really know my way around the networking code enough to do
> a good job at integrating this into the kernel, but I guess I could
> learn.  Is anybody else interested in getting this going?

I'm interested in anything that speaks appletalk.  I work in a small group
of devoted Mac users.

I pulled netatalk down and started to play with the source, but I know
very little about the kernel internals and networking.  I recall that
several files compiled without a hitch, but the OS specific files looked
pretty complicated to me.

--
Steven G. Kargl     | Phone: 206-685-4677 |
Applied Physics Lab | Fax:   206-543-6785 |