Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 1995 07:34:40 -0600
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        patl@asimov.volant.org
Cc:        gryphon@healer.com, jmb@kryten.atinc.com, peter@taronga.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports startup scripts

    Pat> Bzzzzttttt.  Wrong.  The sequence number can be static -
    Pat> built in when the package was built.  It is the same for all
    Pat> systems.

And thereby requiring anyone who's built a package to register with
the czar of sequence numbers to prevent conflicts?  I don't like it:
If I were a commercial software developer considering doing a FreeBSD
port of some tool or other, having to do this is one additional
step is one additional headache I'd rather not have.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory, Boulder Colorado USA

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? -- Steven Wright