Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 2010 14:16:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      doug <doug@fledge.watson.org>
To:        Gautham Ganapathy <gautham@lisphacker.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 64-bit Windows XP NDIS drivers giving missing symbols

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010, Gautham Ganapathy wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 1:16 AM, Jerry <freebsd.user@seibercom.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 18:45:24 +0000
>> Paul B Mahol <onemda@gmail.com> articulated:

>>> And bwn(4) doesn't work at all?
>>
>> <quote>
>> bwn -- Broadcom BCM43xx IEEE 802.11b/g wireless network driver
>> </quote>
>>
>> You will notice that there is no 'n' in the description. In any case,
>> it is limited to 'broadcom' chips.
>>
>> --
>> Jerry ?
>> FreeBSD.user@seibercom.net
>>

> Nope, bwn did not work. The man page mentioned a port that also had to be
> installed. It had two modules, which I put in loader.conf one at a time
> along with if_bwn.ko, but still no luck.
>
> The card I have has a Broadcom 4353 chipset.  I think it is b/g/n.

I have a laptop with the same card. In a December 23, 2009 (in current I think)
the driver maintainer said:

     I see that your device has LP-PHY instead of A/B/G/N PHYs so currently
     it's not supported by bwn(4).

     AFAIK linux has a weak but working implementation so we could refer to
     other Open Sources.

At least on 8.1 bwn does not recognize the device. I can not find XP drivers.
Broadcom's site does not (as far as I could find) mention the card. It does not
sound like the XP driver work much better. Using the win7 drivers produces a
hard loop upon doing an ifconfig. There are no PRs on either ndis or bwn so I
assume this will be the state of things for a while at least.

If anyone got the XP drivers to work with this card, please share the solution
and how to get the drivers.