Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 1996 14:46:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Maksim Stolyarov <mns@td.lpi.ac.ru>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Video conflicts with WHAT? Help!

On Thu, 22 Feb 1996, Maksim Stolyarov wrote:

Sorry for chopping it so much, but it's a quick answer to a lengthy (but
complete) question.

>  - Video: ASUS PCI - AV264CT   (ATI Mach64 based + SoundBlaster),
>
>         I can see (from above) evident possible address conflict
>         between video and "com4". But nothing obvious that could
>         explain the described behavior of the system.

You know what?  That's right.

If there are any sio ports defined, it will compile in the sio code, and
it contains a conflict with Mach64 boards.

You need to modify /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/sio.c, line 342.

Should read:

static Port_t likely_com_ports[] = { 0x3f8, 0x2f8, 0x3e8, };

Notice the last item has been deleted.

Modify, compile, reboot, enjoy :-)

Internet:  dwhite@gladstone.uoregon.edu | Residence Networking Assistant