Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:22:38 -0400
From:      "fbsd_user" <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Bimal Patel" <bims_patel@hotmail.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Regarding Modem Drivers

FBSD does not natively support the MS/Winmodem you have.
There is a port of the Linux winmodem special driver called LTMDM.
It does not work for all winmodem chips and the documentation is
useless.
You will be far happier if you use an external serial modem with
FBSD.

The ltmdm port is hard to get working and is limited to a few
winmodem chip sets and sometime it's performance sucks.
You will save your self a lot of head aches by using an external
serial modem or an PCI internal modem that has an onboard
controller. Your modem is a super cheap modem marketed for the
Windows users.