Date:      Thu, 24 Dec 2015 21:56:01 -0500
From:      Ricky G <ricky1252@hotmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD jail running a Debian or Centos distro

 This is something I actually worked on quite a bit=2C and it IS possible. =
Have had both a centos=2C and debian jail running and usable. There are man=
y missing ABI calls to the kernel and it causes many programs to not work p=
roperly. If your still interested this is a good guide for debian for the m=
ost part=2C but a bit out of date. Keep that in mind when following it. Als=
o=2C I couldn't upgrade to jessie=2C but wheezy appears to run ok.

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/install-debian-gnu-linux-using-debootstr=
ap-on-a-freebsd-jail-with-zfs.41470/

 Can't remember how to do centos. It must be much easier than the debian if=
 I can't remember. =3D]

Good luck!Ricky

> Date: Thu=2C 24 Dec 2015 20:33:54 -0600
> Subject: Re: FreeBSD jail running a Debian or Centos distro
> From: amvandemore@gmail.com
> To: chad@shire.net
> CC: dave.mehler@gmail.com=3B freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
>=20
> On Thu=2C Dec 24=2C 2015 at 6:49 PM=2C Chad Leigh Shire.Net LLC <chad@shi=
re.net>
> wrote:
>=20
> >
> > > On Dec 25=2C 2015=2C at 8:41 AM=2C David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.co=
m> wrote:

> > > Hello=2C
> > >
> > > Has anyone got a FreeBSD jail to run either a Centos or a Debian
> > > distro of Linux?
> >

> > Because of how jails work=2C that is not possible.
> >
>=20
> It's certainly possible to run a much more fully fledged linux userland i=
> a jail which might be what the OP is asking.
>=20
> https://bluehatrecord.wordpress.com/2015/09/19/the-midnight-oil-jailing-c=
entos6-in-freebsd-10-2/
>=20
> However=2C if this request is some attempt at a workaround to the previou=
> question concerning mysql then this is quite misguided and a classic
> example of an XY problem.  It is going to turn a relatively simple proble=
> into a nightmare.
>=20
>=20
>=20