Date:      Thu, 04 Jun 1998 11:27:06 +0200
From:      "Christoph Prevezanos" <Christoph.Prevezanos@post.uni-bielefeld.de>
To:        THIERRY.HERBELOT@telspace.alcatel.fr
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_R=E9p_:_Sendmail_Problem=3F?=

Hello!

>DNS problem : Sendmail tries to resolve your domain "prevezanos.com".
>     Does-it exist ?
>
>     If not, this is the answer

Can I manage it, that sendmail is not trying to resolve this domain?
So it knows this is the local adress?
That would be my solution....

Another REALLY basic question.....
In rc.conf, do I have to enter only the local hostname (e.g. "ripley") or the full qulified domain name (e.g. "ripley.prevezanos.com"). I am a bit confused because on our IRIX6.2-boxes I just enter "ripley".
If I do so in FreeBSD sendmail tells me illegal hostname.

Thanks, Christoph