Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:03:47 +0100
From:      Anthony Atkielski <atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please don't change Beastie to another crap logo such asNetBSD!!!

Ted Mittelstaedt writes:

> Then if it is so unimportant why change it from beastie?

I don't know ... why?

The discussion I've seen has centered on developing a logo, not changing
the cartoon mascot.

I personally don't care about any of it for my own use, as long as the
software remains at the same high quality level.  But a logo would be
nice for promoting the OS to other parties, particularly corporations
and other similar organizations (as opposed to geeks sitting at home in
a t-shirt in front of the machine with a Pepsi in hand).

--
Anthony