Date:      Thu, 6 Aug 1998 21:42:57 +0300
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Custom fixit disks?

Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com> wrote:

> > > it is possible that they need to be updated for 2.2
> > > but I checked them for -current today (and fixed them)
> > >
> > > cd /usr/src
> > > make buildworld
> > > cd /usr/release
> > > make obj
> > > cd sysinstall
> > > make obj
> > > cd ../floppies
> > > make obj
> > > cd fixit
> > > make

***

Hello Julian, I have done exactly what you suggested, but run into same
problem. Anyway, I copied all the missing .o files by hand at it works now.
I cvsupped sources about 4 hours ago and builded world, immediately after that
tried to build fixit disk. I'm using -current.

`dfa.o' is up to date.
`grep.o' is up to date.
`getopt.o' is up to date.
`kwset.o' is up to date.
`obstack.o' is up to date.
`search.o' is up to date.
cc -O -pipe   -DCRUNCHED_BINARY -c crunch.c
echo "int _crunched_cat_stub(int argc, char **argv, char **envp){return
main(argc,argv,envp);}" >cat_stub.c
cc -O -pipe   -DCRUNCHED_BINARY -c cat_stub.c
cc -O -pipe   -DCRUNCHED_BINARY -c /usr/src/bin/cat/cat.c
ld -dc -r -o cat.lo cat_stub.o /usr/src/bin/cat/cat.o
ld: /usr/src/bin/cat/cat.o: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I checked /usr/src/bin/cat/ but there aren't any .o files, same for all other.
I have environment variable 'MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/opt2/objdir' set, maybe this is
a cause ? When I look into /opt2/objdir/opt/src/bin/cat/ there are missing
cat.o, cat binary and compressed manpage.

Any suggestions ?

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee