Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 1998 18:18:51 +0100 (MET)
From:      Josef Belkovics <belkovic@albert.osu.cz>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ip forward-protocol udp 170

> On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Josef Belkovics wrote:
>
> > Do you know any utility under FreeBSD, which can forward udp (and
>   Standard UNIX routing code can forward any type of IP traffic.
> > broadcast) packets? If you know cisco ios, then the same thing does
>   Broadcast?  It is generally a bad idea to forward any kind of broadcast
>   traffic.
> > command 'ip forward-protocol udp ?'. I remember, that about it was some
> > mail in this group.
> > Josef Belkovics
> Tom

It is generally a bad idea to use something like then FreeBSD. But I need
forward _urgently_. I have 'skywalker' - microwave equipment. It is a
bridge and hasn't ip. According users bridge has troubles, but I can't
manage it, because bridge is behind FreeBSD router. The remaining
'skywalkers' are behind cisco router and therefore I see them. (Management
utility for 'skywalker' runs on novell.)

Analogous there is necessity to forward broadcast (?) for wins, browser
dhcp etc. services under nt, w95.

Josef Belkovics