Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 1998 00:16:50 -0600 (CST)
From:      Oliver Banta <obanta@unixgeeks.net>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AcceleratedX

> On Thu, 8 Jan 1998 rknebel@csrlink.net wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have been using Accel X version 3.0 with freebsd without problems.
> > Whenever I try to use my newly purchased version 4.0 I keep getting the
> > messages about sio1 overflows.
> > Anyone else have this problem or can explain to me what this is?
>
> What's connected to sio1?

   It's an AcceleratedX problem.  I ran into the exact same error messages
and somewhat harassed Xi Graphics about it.  In the end, if you apply
all of their patches for the AX Server, the problem will be fixed.
(I'm not exactly sure which patch it was, but you might as well install
all of them anyways).

Regards,

Oliver