Date:      Sun, 12 Jul 1998 23:42:24 +0400
From:      =?koi8-r?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro>
Cc:        FreeBSD ports <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Pine 3.96/4.00 ports -- patches

On Sun, Jul 12, 1998 at 09:55:19PM +0300, Adrian Penisoara wrote:
>  But what does "inews -h" do (I saw this in your Pine3 port) ?

Something with headers, I don't remember right now.

> > >   * Pine 3.96: file pine/pine.h
> > >       - from CVS log: "Move TAG_EMBED from valid Russian letter '\377' to
> > >         more neutral '\001'" and "Tag quoting not implemented properly
> > >         cause '\377' chars skipped"
> > >   * Pine 4.00: file should be pine/pine.h
> > > XXX   - my opinion: good reason, but I don't like the patch, it's rather
> > >         a workaround than a good fix, it conflicts with TAG_INVON; we
> > >         should ask the Pine people about this; I will insert the patch
> > >         anyway (but probably with a different constant) !
> >
> > Just move it to another free place outside 040-0377 range for a while.

Oops, not so quick! You can leave it to '\001' without any risk, there is
_no_ collision with TAG_INVON just bad Pine developers naming convention:
TAG_EMBED is _always_ first. I.e. TAG_EMBED+TAG_[any]. TAG_EMBED is
special char indicating _next_ char is secondary tag, f.e. TAG_INVON.

> > I already sent this patch to Pine people but they not seems be interested.
>
>  When ? Could you forward me that message you sent ? I might be more
> convincing if I would mention your notice too...

Long time ago when I made it first time (I don't keep this message).

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://www.nagual.pp.ru/~ache/