Date:      Sun, 18 Oct 1998 18:45:55 -0400
From:      Chris Hill <jchill@dgsys.com>
To:        sporkl@ix.netcom.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions list <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: New Printer

Spike Gronim <spork@ix.netcom.com> wrote,

>	I am in need of a new printer, as my old HP 500C lump of crap
>finally died on me. I am looking for a primarily black and white printer,
>color would be nice. HP is offering refurbsihed 6[79]2c's for a fair
>price, so I was wondering if anybody had success/problems using those
>models. If anybody has a printer that is relatively cheap and works well
>with FreeBSD, I would be glad to know about it.

I have an HP LaserJet 4MV - bought used, on the cheap - which so far seems
to work OK with FreeBSD. It is not connected to any parallel port, but is
on the local ethernet. I can print text to it just fine, but have not yet
attempted Postscript (tm); printcap entry available on request. Hope this
helps.

>		The majority only rules those who let them.

Sadly, this is not true. Try violating some law that you disagree with, and
don't come crying to me when Bubba wants you to be his new girlfriend. :^(

--
Chris Hill                   jchill@dgsys.com
[place witty saying here]