Date:      Tue, 01 Jun 1999 06:41:27 -0700
From:      Jerry Preeper <preeper@cts.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: swap_pager: out of swap space (-->crash) - procmail is  problem

It appears that procmail 3.11.pre7 has a known problem with BSD systems and
memory allocation, which has supposedly been fixed up somewhat in the
latest release - 3.13.1 to use an alternative method    I upgraded
yesterday and haven't seen a problem yet, but then again, I haven't sent it
a huge email -- yet.

My 550 code should have been a 554, but I have already removed that from
the /etc/mail/access file.  I have also set MaxMessageSize in sendmail to
15000000 which should probably handle a 10MB encoded email +/- I'm guessing.

Jerry