Date:      Fri, 05 Mar 1999 08:15:20 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@gorean.org>
To:        mike@seidata.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Simple DOS against 3.x locks box solid

mike@seidata.com wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Chris Costello wrote:
>
> >    Add /etc/login.conf restrictions if you don't want your users
> > to do that.
>
> Speaking of which...  I've always used login.conf to set limits for
> specific user classes...  However, it seems like some login.conf
> options just don't work.  Is there a place I can get detailed
> information on login.conf (other than the man page) telling what
> options are implemented, and which ones are not?

	The source is your only guide unfortunately. Several people have
promised to do a comprehensive list and update the man page, but no one
has come through yet. If you do the research please share your results.
:)

Good luck,

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

Nominated for quote of the year is the statement made by Representative
Dick Armey (Texas), who when asked if he were in the President's place,
would he resign, responded:

"If I were in the President's place I would not get a chance to resign.
I would be lying in a pool of my own blood hearing Mrs. Armey standing
over me saying, 'How do I reload this damn thing?'"