Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:18:13 +1000
From:      "Andrew Johns" <ajohns@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        "Todd Backman" <todd@c523578-a.sttls1.wa.home.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: kernel funk?

> There are no error messages from the make command. I tried
> doing make >
> make.txt to see if there are any errors but the file is empty. I think
> that the makefile may be hosed but I do not know how to go
> about un-hosing
> it.

[snip]

Try it without the make clean before the make depend - if you cd to
/sys/i386/conf and config MACHINENAME it should rebuild whatever it
needs for the compile.  Also, (and I'm uncertyain of this) you have
IPFILTER but no bpfilter device - I believe that the IPFILTER will need
the Berkley Packet Filter (bpfilter) in order to compile anyway.

HTH