Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2000 16:50:15 -0800
From:      "Marc Wandschneider" <marcw@lanfear.com>
To:        "Matt Gostick" <matt@crazylogic.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: allow only ftp for some accounts

	i've done this with a couple of customers of mine too.

	just put /bin/nologin as their shell.  give them an account with passwords
and their ftp directory as their login dir.  you should also put them in
/etc/ftpchroot to make sure they can't meander around the system.

	at least, that's how i do it.  maybe there's a better way ...

	marc.