Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 16:24:36 -0400
From:      Keith Stevenson <k.stevenson@louisville.edu>
To:        "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Was someone looking for a BSD licensed stat(1)?

On Wed, Jul 28, 1999 at 04:01:10PM -0400, Brian F. Feldman wrote:
> Since you've got it in RCS, you shouldn't have any problem adding new
> features. How about a selectable display of fields, and ability to put
> them in machine-readable (read: no cut required) form? I'd suggest
> having a function that would printf "%s: whatever", arg1 for humans
> and "whatever" for machines, selectable by something like a -c
> "compact output flag." Here's the GPLd stat I have:

Sure, I can work on that.  It would be helpful if you could include a few
sample outputs that I could work from.

The current version already solves my problems, but I'll be happy to hack
away at it if you are interested in including it in FreeBSD in some way.

Regards,
--Keith Stevenson--

--
Keith Stevenson
System Programmer - Data Center Services - University of Louisville