Date:      Wed, 4 Apr 2001 08:54:47 -0700
From:      "Matthew H. North" <ctsmhn@cts.com>
To:        "Bruce Evans" <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Reproducible kernel panics in ffs_valloc: dup_alloc

Thanks for the help.  However, from my understanding of C, that patch does
nothing (except add an extra instruction or two to the kernel).  It simply
adds an extra OR condition, that is always false, to an if statement.

if CONDITION then
	do something

is exactly the same as

if FALSE or CONDITION then
	do something

Perhaps I'm missing something.  If so, please let me know.

I am interested in your comment about, "...longstanding bugs in
vfs_bio_clrbuf()...."  Is there somewhere I can find a history of these bugs
and patches?

- Matt