Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 1999 15:24:43 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        "Michael C. Vergallen" <mvergall@double-barrel.be>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Info required

>homebrewed system is as capable as the cisco.. but I need a V35 i/f card.
>Now I've seen two cards in the same price bracket one is the ISis Wanic
>400 at 811 USD and the ET/PCISYC at 845 USD. Now my question is witch card
>is better .. e.i who has one of those cards and can tell me if they are
>satisfied with them or other info. They both state on their web pages that
>they have FreeBSD support for the cards via a patch but nothing more so
>before I spend the rest of this years internet budget on the card I would
>like to be certain what is a good solution.

I cant speak of the Wanic card, but I have 2 Etinc cards in production at
two different sites (one since October, the other since March).  No packet
loss, no downtime, no worries, no problems with either.  We are very happy
with both at full T1 speeds connected to Adtran CSU/DSUs talking to Ciscos
on the other end... One in PPP, one in HDLC.  Of course, having written
this, the cards will now meltdown and be no end of trouble. ;-)

	---Mike