Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:57:22 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
To:        Erik N?rgaard <norgaard@math.ku.dk>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.8 Hardware: SIS650/961 chipset supported

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

If memory serves me right, Erik N?rgaard wrote:

> I just wish to update you on hardware supported by FreeBSD 4.8. I have an
> Asus M2400E notebook with a SIS650/961 integrated chipset, and installed
> FreeBSD 4.8 without any trouble at all. I have included the dmesg after
> first boot below.

That's great...glad this works!

I can think of two very useful places for this report.  One is the
freebsd-mobile@ list (because lots of folks ask about laptop
compatibility there).  Related to that is a Web page that someone made
up listing the results of booting FreeBSD on different laptops.

Thanks!

Bruce.

PS.  I typically don't put information like this into the hardware
notes because that document is tied pretty tightly to particular
versions of FreeBSD.  I think that laptop compatibility is changing so
rapidly that it'd be too hard to keep the hardware notes in sync with
reality.

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv--