Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 09:28:30 -0600
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        Gary Roberts <wangel@wgrobez1.remote.louisville.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup

>Call me stupid.  I just upgraded to cvsup, ran it, worked great.  However,
>it put everything in /archive/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-Current/src.  I thought
>it was supposed to go in /usr/src, w/ everything being in their
>directories.  Can I rm -rf the dirs from /usr/src, and run make world from
>the /archive dir?  Or do I need to move everything from /archive ->
>/usr/src?

You will need the source in /usr/src when you compile it:-(

However, I would leave it elsewhere and simply "ln -s
....../FreeBSD-Current/src /usr".
That way you can also easily switch to FreeBSD-2.2/src, etc. if you want to
try another system (like the releases in progress).

If you do not like " /archive/pub/FreeBSD", edit the supfile to include you
own prefix.

BTW, John, since we have to (CV)sup a large number of distributions from
the same place, it would be nice if the input would allow us to specify the
common elements only once rather thanon each entry.