Date:      Wed, 03 Mar 1999 08:43:04 -0800
From:      Michael <mharo@area51.fremont.ca.us>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: check-checksum target???

In message <Pine.OSF.4.10.9903040027010.27862-100000@mercury.physics.adelaide.e
du.au>, Kris Kennaway writes:
>On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Michael wrote:
>
>> Does a target exist to check all the MASTER_SITES for the package
>> and then verify the checksum?
>
>Not quite, but 'make checksum' will md5 your local copy of the distfile (or
>fetch it if need be) and report whether it is correct. Is this what you were
>after, or were you looking to download the file from /each/ MASTER_SITE and
>verify it? For the latter, you might want to look at Bill Fenner's port survey
>(http://www.freebsd.org/~fenner).

I was going after each MASTER_SITE and verifying it.  The point of this
target was so when someone creates a port they can verify that it really
does exist at all the places they list and with the same checksum.  I
have since created a target which does this.  After I clean it up a bit
I'll share it.

Michael