Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 16:25:39 +0300
From:      "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Zhiui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reading CVS commit logs

On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 08:47:19PM -0400, Zhiui Zhang wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where I can download the CVS log (perhaps using some
> cvs command?). I bought a 2.2.8 CD and it has a file CVSROOT.tar.gz. Where
> can I find the most recent CVSROOT.tar.gz? If so, is there a simple way to
> unzip all the files under CVSROOT directory.  Thanks for your help.

Dunno about the CVSROOT only, but I used CVSup to get myself a local
copy of the CVS repository a few days ago.  The entire repository is a
little above 1 Gb of data, and CVSROOT came with it :-)

Downloading the entire CVS repo when you only want CVS logs though,
might be an overkill.

Why would you want to fetch only the logs, anyway?

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >