Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 1995 01:50:08 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Dave Haas <daveh@eskimo.com>
Cc:        bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: matcd0: error during 2.0-950322-SNAP installation

> Hi there. I'm Dave Haas of Bainbridge Island, Washington. I've been using

Hi!  Nice place.  Dad lives over on Fox.. :-)

> Then, when wd(0,a)/kernel went probing devices, the device matcd0: would
> eventually come up for probing and/or attachment, and the kernel would
> declare emphatically:
>
> 	matcd0: get_stat: after reading status byte, buss didn't go idle

Indeed.  I'm sorry, but the matcd0 driver was tragically flawed in 0322
and flamed some people out of the sky like this.  I'm working right now
on another snap dist that solves these problems, but have been delayed
by a number of other problems.  Watch the announce@freebsd.org mailing
list for it once I work the last of the kinks out.

						Jordan