Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 17:37:11 +0100
From:      Christopher Raven <c.raven@ukonline.co.uk>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISDN Stuff?

Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> Hi,
> I am wondering what sort of ISDN hardware is supported under FreeBSD, unfortunatly a) I don't know
> anything about ISDN, and b) I couldn't see anything in the LINT config file about ISDN.
>
> Any pointers greatfully received :)
> (Basically we are going to end up having some machines at one end of an ISDN link, and I'd like
> to get some info about how FreeBSD can handles this)

I use a Cisco 760 series ISDN router. It lets all the machines share the ISDN OK, and is transparrant
to FreeBSD, just set it as the gateway.
Only problems with it are connecting to ISP's that don't (fully) support dual channels ~ can lead to
you getting a dropped connection when the second B channel cuts in.

[ Christopher Raven
[ E-mail: c.raven@ukonline.co.uk
[ ICQ: 2254369
[ To err is human, to power is FreeBSD