Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 1999 17:13:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        asmodai@wxs.nl
Cc:        paynea@rpi.edu, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can't compile any ports

 * From: Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>

 * On 28-Feb-99 Ronin^^ (Adam Payne) wrote:
 * > I'm having some unexpected errors when trying to compile ports on my
 * > system (FreeBSD3.0-RELEASE with the 3.0-STABLE patch). I first noticed
 * > something was wrong when I tried compiling ssh. I'm getting errors during
 * > make that say "/usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk not
 * > found" and then make stops. It's not just for ssh though... I thought
 * > maybe it was some kind of dependency problem (long shot but might as well
 * > try) so I grabbed rsaref, and had the same error. Same thing when I tried
 * > bash1... Did my system not set itself up properly or something? Any
 * > suggestions?
 *
 * www.freebsd.org/ports
 *
 * Get the port update packages, that ought to fix the problem based on yer
 * error reports.

Actually, his problem is backwards, that he upgraded the system
without updating the ports.  Adam, you need to get the new ports (at
least what's under /usr/ports/Mk) to get them to work.

Satoshi