Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 20:48:53 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        "Christopher J. Booth" <cbooth@onyx.interactive.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Modem on cuaa2?

Yes, it will be a problem. Configure your modem for com3, IRQ 5. Then,
either rebuild your kernel, uncommenting the entry for sio2 or use the -c
option when you boot the generic kernel and add sio2 (in the disabled
section).

You can use other interupts, but you will have more work and more RTFM to
do.

-- Jay

On Sun, 16 Mar 1997, Christopher J. Booth wrote:

->Is this really going to be a problem? My modem is an internal modem, and
->COM1/sio0/cuaa0 and COM2/sio1/cuaa1 are serial ports, and I've got the
->modem on sio1.
->
->I would like to be able to access my modem in FreeBSD.
->
->Christopher J. Booth    This speech of yours hath moved me,
->cbooth@interactive.net  And shall perchance do good: but speak you on;
->                        You look as you had something more to say.
->                                                --Edmund, _King Lear_
->
->