Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 17:00:57 +0200
From:      Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
To:        Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, sos@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATA observations in FreeBSD 4.6-RC

Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> If my PR #37060 lacks ANY information that may help tracking this
> down. I just filed a followup noting that I'm using ATA_STATIC_ID today
> because I found it lacked from my original report.

OK, it's not ATA_STATIC_ID. I removed this option, rebooted, set
hw.ata.tags="1" in the loader manually => boom, kernel panic, NULL
dereference.

ATA configuration:

VIA KT133

ad0: Maxtor 4W060H4 primary master
no primary slave
ad1: IBM DTLA-307045 primary slave, tagged capable
ad2: WDC AC420400D, tagged capable with Linux 2.5.15 but not FreeBSD 4.6-RC.

--
Matthias Andree