Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:39:56 +0100
From:      "Jonathan Defries" <jonathan@corpex.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Isp@Freebsd. Org" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FTP Servers

pre10 (the current in ports) is forbidden, says:

proftpd-1.2.0p10 is forbidden: Remote root hole, exploitable anonymously.

That's on my 4.1-RC, I think there was something more dramatic after
I updated ports yesterday (4.1-STABLE), but I can't remember and that
machine is offline right now.

I've found proftpd to be a good performer though.

 - Jonathan