Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:31:33 -0700
From:      Tony Saign <tony@saignon.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Redundant setup on a budget??

 We are a VERY small outfit, (with limited funds as well) and I would like
to provide a somewhat fault tolerant setup, can anyone offer some advice???

Currently have 1 FreeBSD 4.3 machine providing web, email, and secondary DNS
services.
I have another identical 2 system ready @ a moments notice to replace the
primary in the event of a hardware problem.
I tested this out, I can simply dump the last good backup on it, and to my
surprise everything looks good!

My question is this:
 Given the fact that we have 2 systems available what would the easiest way
to accomplish an 'automated' rollover of services??
 Could the machines be somehow synchronized, similar to the PDC/BDC NT
model??

I can do this in a Windows NT (YUK!!!!!!) environment, but have limited
experience with BSD.
I am in process of removing our NT server!!!!! :) (happy happy joy joy!)

Feel free to offer advice off-list, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANK YOU in advance,

-Tony