Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:13:52 -0500
From:      "Nathan Vidican" <nvidican@wmptl.com>
To:        <amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   OT Hardware reccomendtions (need MB for Dual Opterons)

Hey all

We've got several dual opteron boxes now running FreeBSD, (they've been
great thus far btw), and we're looking to add a few more... Problem seems to
be that the motherboard we've been using is quite difficult to obtain, so
does anyone have any good suggestions towards another? Here's the
configuration as we're using now:

Dual AMD Opteron 246 CPU
MSI K8D Master3-FA4R (
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K8D_Master3-FA4R&class=s
pd )
2 GB ECC Registered PC2700 (DDR333) Memory
3Ware Escalade 9500s-4LP RAID Controller
250GB WDC RAID Edition Hardrives

Ideally, we need to find a new motherboard to source for similar if not
identical systems. We tend to find one board we like and stick with it, but
having little experience with Opterons in general outside of the ones we
already have using this MSI board, I'm hoping you all might have a
suggestion or two. I've been told the Tyan boards are usually pretty good,
but have not used any before and figured I might as well ask around first.

Please reply via email if you will, and cc the list if need be; this address
is not subscribed to the list - thanks.

--
Nathan Vidican
nvidican@wmptl.com