Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2000 19:43:57 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>, a <andrew@soc.lg.gov.ua>, freebsd-questions@Freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ICQ for FreeBSD

On Tue, 07 Mar 2000, Danny wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> I hate ICQ and "chat rooms" when people can learn something useful on the
> internet to advance his/her career rather than typing messages to each other
> about there day in other chat rooms typing to other people.

> Yes there are ICQ products ported to FreeBSD.
>
> Some of the Products include
>
> -Xicq (ICQ for X Windows)
> -KICQ (IRQ for the KDE Desktop Environment)
> -And a text version of IcQ
>
> And all you have to do is install this off your instlattion CD or aquire the
> latest ports and it will automatically install "IRQ" for you.
>

> Looking forward to your feedback.
>
> dannyh

I've never used a chat room myself, don't care for that. I've been
using ICQ for quite a while now (With a number like 123453, you'd
better believe it 8-)  ).  I use it to stay in touch with my friends,
just an enhancement to e-mail. I live in North Carolina, made friends
with someone living in Philly over 3 years ago through a mutual
project. I was Best Man at his wedding last year (First time we met in
person) and we're still going strong.

Danny, it has it's uses.

--
Walter Brameld

Join the Army. Meet interesting people. Kill them.
TANSTAAFL