Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 02:30:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      vasu@inorbit.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   help needed on nfs

hello freebsd'rs

need urgent help on nfs.

I have installed freebsd v3.2 on two machines and i
want to nfs mount filesystem from one machine to
another. I did the following (from my earlier exp
with BSDI v3.0)

1. I edited /etc/exports on the nfs server machine
   to include
   /home -alldirs 10.118.10.10 10.118.10.11

   basically i want to mount /home of one machine
   onto machines 10.118.x.x but these two machines
   are just examples

   I sent a SIGHUP to all 'nfsd' processes and also to
   inetd'

2. I attemped to mount this on 10.118.10.10 using
   % mount_nfs 20.0.0.2:/home /mnt
   where 10.0.0.2 is the ip address of the
   nfs server
   I got the error
   mount_nfs : can't access /home : permission denied

   Is there anything wrong with my procedure or
   do I need to do something else to get this working

Your help is greatly appreciated

Thanx a lot !!

Adios

Vasu