Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 1999 19:41:39 -0700
From:      "Bret Ford" <bford@uop.cs.uop.edu>
To:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   3C597 fast ethernet support

I've got a 100Mbit 3COM EISA ethernet interface.  Here are the particulars:

vx0: <3Com 3C597-TX Network Adapter> at 0x5000-0x501f, 0x5c80-0x5c89
vx0: irq 12 (edge) on eisa0 slot 5

I've been running it for a while now at 10Mbit.  From what I can gather, the
vx driver doesn't support fast ethernet.  I'd be happy to lend the card to
anyone interested
in working on it.  The reward would be my gratitude and money for your
favorite pizza and beverages!  :-) Any interest?

Thanks,

Bret Ford