Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2000 21:07:28 +0200
From:      Matthieu Pasini <redbishop@linuxfan.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Perl Doesn't like XFree-4.0.1

Hello,
I'm having a problem since i installed Xfree-4.0.1 from the ports.
XFree 4 is very good working, but perl is complaining .
I have the following message when i do "whereis"( i have
seen this error in Eterm which must be using Perl and whereis is using Perl) :

>bash-2.03$ perl
>perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
>       LC_ALL = (unset),
>      LC_CTYPE = "en_US",
>        LANG = (unset)
>   are supported and installed on your system.
>perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").

I did'nt made a make world since the 22 August :

>FreeBSD sniper.domtek.fr 4.1-STABLE FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE #10: Tue Aug 22
>16:14:36 CEST 2000     root@sniper.domtek.fr:/usr/src/sys/compile/SNIPER  i386

Does someone have an idea ?
Regards

Matthieu Pasini <redbishop@linuxfan.com>